Smooth, rich and decadent. Anything with more than one layer is pretty perfect in my opinion. Multiple textures means even more points too, so these tick all the boxes. They're made of a cakey/ biscuity layer, thats soft crumbly and chewy and chocolatey, topped with a smooth dark chocolate ganache, then scattered with raspberries.
If you don't know what a ganache is, it's essentially a mixture of cream and chocolate melted together so they form the most incredible consistency. Usually you would use double cream and chocolate, and even a little butter. Instead I use coconut milk, which gives it such a delicious flavour and works perfectly!
Make these and share them with your friends and family, they'll be sooo impressed, and you won't believe you're eating something healthy!!
- 3/4 Cup Dates
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar/ Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Wholewheat Spelt Flour/Wholewheat Flour/Gluten Free Flour
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil/Coconut Oil
- 5 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 200g 70% Dark Chocolate (2 Bars)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
--- 1 Cup Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C Fan/180°C
- Place all ingredients for the base in the food processor
- Blend until forms a ball, add 1-2 tablespoons water if needs help
- Spread in lined baking dish/tin (about 8''x5''), prick with fork
- Bake for 20-25mins
- Place chocolate and coconut milk in a bowl, and melt over a pot of simmering water
- Pour over base, add the raspberries, and leave to set
- Transfer to fridge